In recent years dental community has reported increase in TMD cases among their patients which is related to increased level of stress in daily life.
TMJ dysfunction is a multi-factorial phenomenon which requires a comprehensive treatment.
TMD or Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction is a disorder caused by injury to the TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint), which connects the jawbone to the skull.
- Facial pain, ear pain or referred pain to other structures like neck, upper back and shoulder
- Headaches ; most commonly tension headaches
- Nerve inflammation causing acute or chronic pain
- Occasional numbness of the chin
- Painful chewing
- Teeth sensitivity
- Jaw joint noises (clicking, popping, grinding)
- Limited Range of Motion (ROM)
- Occasional locking or dislocation of the jaw joint
- Limitation of motion to prevent further damage
- Cold compresses, pain and anti-inflammatory medication
- Ultra Sound therapy
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Splint Therapy via oral appliance
- Microcurrent and Cranial Electrotherapy stimulation